Fare collection to resume on Codiac Transpo buses
- Fare collection will resume on August 24 with no changes to the price of fares;
- Passengers will enter the front doors, follow directional arrows, and exit via the back doors (with the exception of those that require the front door for mobility needs);
- We are not accepting 10-ride and 20-ride punch passes to reduce contact on the bus. In lieu of these, we are now selling 10-ride and 20-ride pass booklets;
- For those passengers that have old 10-ride and 20-ride punch passes, these will be exchanged in the fall and passengers are asked to hold on to them until then;
- Tickets will be available at retailers once again in the coming days;
- Monthly passes for the month of March will be valid for the month of August;
- Those that purchased April monthly passes must contact Codiac Transpo to be exchanged;
- To reduce contact between operators and passengers, transfer tickets are available above the hand sanitizer upon entering the bus. Passengers are asked to use the honour system and only take transfer tickets if they require them;
- Group passes are not currently available for sale;
- Regular fare exemptions will continue which include free service for seniors (65 and older) on Wednesdays, and those under 18 years old in Dieppe who register;
What do I need to know before getting on the bus?
Your trip with Codiac Transpo will be much different than normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
- Masks are required– Masks are required at all times onboard our buses.
- Bring hand sanitizer – Passengers are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer for personal use while in transit. Hand sanitizer is also available upon boarding the bus.
- Getting on and off the bus- We continue to board and disembark the bus using the back door. As of August 24, passengers will enter the front doors, follow directional arrows, and exit via the back doors (with the exception of those that require the front door for mobility needs);
- Fare Collection- Due to rear-door boarding, we are not collecting fares at this time. Fare collection resumes on Monday, August 24.
- Schedules and Routes- We continue to operate on a service similar to what was normally offered on Sundays. Buses run from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.. Sunday service remains cancelled. For updates routes and schedules, please consult our schedules page. Significant schedule changes are communicated in advance of being updated online, however, third-party schedule providers (apps, etc.) are not accurate due to the on-going changes.
- Passenger Limits- As of June 29, passenger limits were increased to 50%. For this measure to continue, passengers must comply with the mask requirement.
Let's all do our part
We all have a role to play in ensuring that our transit system can continue to get us to where we need to go.
- Wear a mask- As of June 29, masks are required at all times on our buses.
- Practice physical distancing- While on the bus, waiting for the bus, and getting on and off, make sure that you are practicing physical distancing. Bus stops and shelters are not sanitized, so be cautious when touching high-touch surfaces.
- Be patient- We are very lucky to have such an incredible team at Codiac Transpo. They are essential workers who have never stopped adapting to get you to where you need to go. In light of this, we ask that you remain patient and recognize that the changes that have been implemented have been challenging for us as a transit system, too.