What do I need to know before getting on the bus?
Your trip with Codiac Transpo will be much different than normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding during these uncertain times.
- Masks are required– Masks are required at all times onboard our buses.
- Service Levels- Codiac Transpo continues to operate on a reduced service level schedule. When planning your trip on the bus, we would encourage you to refer to our bus schedules using our new mobile services to see the most accurate information. As of November 15, routes 51-Green, 61-Elmwood, 64-Hospitals, and 62-Hildegard will resume full service (all day service to 9:30 pm and service on Sundays). These service levels will remain in place for the foreseeable future.
- Bring hand sanitizer – Passengers are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer for personal use while in transit. Hand sanitizer is also available upon boarding the bus.
- Getting on and off the bus- Passengers will enter the front doors, follow directional arrows, and exit via the back doors (with the exception of those that require the front door for mobility needs);
- Passenger Limits- Passenger limits remain at 50%.
- We are not accepting 10-ride and 20-ride punch passes to reduce contact on the bus. In lieu of these, we are now selling 10-ride and 20-ride pass booklets;
- Tickets are once again available at retailers;
- To reduce contact between operators and passengers, transfer tickets are available above the hand sanitizer upon entering the bus. Passengers are asked to use the honour system and only take transfer tickets if they require them;
- Group passes are not currently available for sale;
- Regular fare exemptions will continue which include free service for seniors (65 and older) on Wednesdays, and those under 18 years old in Dieppe who register.