The Committee shall have the authority to recommend changes to fares in keeping with approved budgets and service standards approved by the respective Councils.
The Council of the City of Moncton shall continue to maintain fiscal responsibility.
Service standards established by participating municipalities will continue to govern service operations in their respective jurisdiction(s).
Not later than September of each fiscal year, the Committee will be responsible for providing each municipality a copy of their operating and capital budgets.
The committee shall have the authority to recommend changes to all aspects of the transit service with specific goals of:
- Preparing a metropolitan transit vision, service standards and overall goals and objectives;
- Preparing a metropolitan route structure;
- Recommending a five-year capital budget for all participating municipalities;
- Providing annual budgets as per the Agreement;
- Establishing a system-wide fare structure and promoting an equitable share of costs between users and taxpayers;
- Establishing a single marketing strategy;
- Reviewing the cost-sharing formula as per the terms of the Agreement;
- Operating the entire fleet as a single entity.
The Committee shall be responsible for detailing instruments of fare, approving rates and rate related policy.
Meeting times posted a few months in advance. Meetings open to the public have agendas posted beforehand. Citizens and media who wish to attend a meeting must register in advance by calling 506-857-2008 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us to find out when our next scheduled meeting takes place.